Do’s and Don’ts for Renovating on a Budget
When clients ask me about remodeling, either in preparation to list their house or to upgrade a home they just bought, I am always eager to help! I’ve seen firsthand the impact of a renovation done right – even if it was done on a budget. A common misconception is that you can’t achieve the results you want if you are remodeling on a budget but by following these simple Do’s and Don’ts, you can complete a beautiful remodel without breaking the bank!
Renovating your home to help you sell it? I can help you invest where it matters!
These are some of the best ideas when renovating a Cincinnati home
- DO have a contingency fund. There are always going to be unexpected costs when remodeling so make sure to set aside some money for surprise expenses so that you don’t go over budget.
- DO use a trusted contractor. I’m always happy to give my clients the names of my trusted contractors and always feel comfortable doing so as I use many of them for my own home.
- DO keep in mind the architectural style of your home. Make sure your new design matches the overall style and floorplan of the house, especially if you anticipate selling at some point.
We all want to save money during our projects but these are some things to avoid!
- DON’T try to DIY if the project is too advanced. Sometimes it’s best to just leave it to the experts instead of risking a DIY disaster.
- DON’T be afraid to save money by using alternative materials. For example, advances in technology have made certain laminate flooring look very comparable to hardwood. In fact, in addition to laminate being less expensive, it also outperforms hardwood in many other categories like maintenance and durability.
- DON’T underestimate the impact that simple cosmetic changes can have on your home. Sometimes swapping out a light fixture or adding a fresh coat of paint can change the entire feel of a room.
Planning on renovating your home to help you sell it? Contact me! I’ll help you invest where it matters and make you home really stand out!