Here is a checklist of items you should consider once you get a property under contract and are planning to have it inspected. This list encompasses questions that you should consider when hiring an inspector and tips for ensuring that the property is prepared for a complete inspection.
1. Does your inspector’s credentials meet or exceed state licensing requirements and industry standards?
2. Does your inspector’s company require them to meet ongoing training and performance standards?
3. Does your inspector have Error and Omission Insurance and a guarantee that stays in effect after the inspection has been conducted?
5. Have you checked at least 3 professional references of the inspector?
6. Have you made sure that the utilities are all turned on still at the property including furnace,a/c, appliances, electric, gas, water, and water heater so that they can be checked during the inspection?
7. Does your inspector have a lockbox key or will someone be there to let them inside the property to inspect?
At The Alison Moss Group, Cincinnati is more than a city to us–it’s our hometown. Since launching in 2008, our clients have depended upon us to lead them through the home buying and selling journey. We are the go-to resource for all of your needs before, during and after the sale of your home.