Part of the service that I provide my clients is a full and complete evaluation of their homes condition and a critical analysis of improvements that need to be done to make the home more attractive to the widest possible pool of buyers. I take the time to identify the cost-to-benefit of small projects like replacing window screens to major projects such as repainting a home.
A shot list of absolute necessities include:
1. Mow and edge the lawn and trim bushes that block your windows and diminish sunlight.
2. Purchase a new doormat.
3. Vacuum and steam clean your carpets especially if you have pets.
4. Clean all of your windows inside and out with glass cleaner to let in more natural light.
5. Power-wash your driveway, sidewalk, and the exterior siding of your home.
6. Add fresh mulch and perennial flowers to your planting beds.
7. Reduce the amount of ‘stuff’ in your home by 50%. Box it up to minimize clutter.
8. Organize and clean every closet. Buyers will look! If you care for your clothes, you care for your home.
9. Clean your gutters and sweep your porches.
10. Empty and sanitize your trash cans inside and outside to eliminate any offending odors.
For additional information how to prepare your home for sale complete the form below and I can contact you and follow up.